Keeko’s official Summer survival kit
Bronze skin. Bright lips. Low maintenance hair. Nude nails. Slurpies. White teeth. Mermaids. Beach volleyball. Ice cream sandwiches. Who the hell doesn’t love Summer?
This year things are about to get mega hot with Keeko’s list of no BS Summer survival tips to keep yo’ fine self looking groomed and gorgeous from head to toe – even amongst the heat and humidity.
Peeps will be all like “why you so perfect for”, #srsly.
While your body may be begging you to shack up all day in an air-conditioned room, let’s face it, the beach is where’s it’s at. But rather than reach for your perennial bronzer compact this year (which has a tendency to look cakey and flat thanks to our trusty ol’ friend, perspiration), highlighter or cream bronzer is key.
A bit of strategic application on the high planes of the face (top of the cheekbones, tip of the chin, and along the Cupid's bow) is all that’s needed for a babin’ glow when you hit the surf. You can even swipe some across your eyelids for a shimmer, peeper-opening effect. And yes, lads, you can wear bronzer too – Keeko won’t tell, promise.
On the lips? An organic, chemical-free lip balm is your best bet to keep your pout soft, kissable and protected from the elements; plus it’s the perfect accompaniment to your flashy set of chompers.
Summer-specific activities, like swimming in a chlorinated pool can wear on your mani-pedi game. Opt for a low-key, opaque nude colour to keep your claws looking pretty as a peach and fuss-free.
How do you keep your cool when your hair has transformed into a hot mess in a record five minutes? Keeko has this saying: when all else fails, braid it (well… something along the lines of that). A simple messy braid is the quickest way to upgrade basic beachy waves and hide a little midday sweat.
A top knot is equally grool (FYI: great and cool) come the warmer days, especially if your hair is a perpetual frizz ball from all of the sun and fun. For the boys, Keeko has two words: man bun.
Summer skin and white teeth go hand-in-hand, that’s a fact. Although not to burst your beauty bubble or anything, professional teeth whitening services can cost a bitch and a half. That’s why Keeko is basically your seasonal bestie, because not only will the organic coconut oil-pulling sachets get your grills white and bright in only 14 days (and only costs $42 for a pack of 14), but Keeks does a whole heap of good stuff to your insides, oral hygiene and skin so you can be the prettiest, pash-worthy babe going around.
Don’t be afraid to strut your stuff with a big pearly white smile once it’s all said and done - Keeko has that kind of effect on folk.
In Summer, we all crave skin that looks as though we attend constant Bikram yoga classes and drink green juices for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but sometimes Netflix and #firstworldproblems can often throw us off our health game. The good news is, there’s a quick way to get your body’s largest organ – aka, ze skin – looking all flawless and fab so you can frolic around on the beach, Baywatch style, without the fear of bumps, lumps or dreaded breakouts cutting into your groove.
1. Wear SPF and make sure it’ labeled ‘broad-spectrum’ to get the best possible protection. The burnt lobster look isn’t really Keeko’s thing.
2. Drink shitloads of water. Like, a lot.
3. Moisturise ERRRRRRYWHERE. Coconut oil is your best bet
4. Oil-pull on the regular. Coconut oil pulling helps get rid of skin baddies quick smart. Acne can be linked to gut issues, so oil-pulling kicks much of the bad bacteria outta your mouth, preventing it from migrating to your gut. Happy dance.
5. Eat naturally nutritious food (doughnuts do not count, but man do they taste delicious!). Keeko is almost certain your immune system will love a delicious fresh smoothie jam packed with the following skin foods: ginger, carrot, coconut water, orange and beetroot juice.
6. Get your butt moving. Not only will the endorphins make you love yourself like Kanye loves Kanye, but exercise increases blood flow which helps nourish the skin cells and keeps them looking luminous. Grab a skipping rope or shake your booty on a d floor – whatever makes you sweat!
On that note, see you on the beach hotties. Keeko.
How do you remain Summer-savvy? Tell Keeko in the comment below.